We all have those days where by the time you look up, it’s way past noon and you’re not really sure where the rest of the day went. Today I have an easy recipe for protein packed fruit and nut bars that make an awesome sweet treat when you need a quick snack to keep you go-go-going!
Here's what you'll need to get started:
- 2 cups Old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups chopped dried fruits *I’ve used apricots & cranberries today, but this varies with my mood. Get crazy! Try pineapple, mango, blueberry, apple, anything you like!*
- Large mixing bowl & spoon
- 9 x 12 baking pan
- Cutting board & sharp knife
- Parchment paper
Lets get started!
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line your 9 x 12 baking pan with parchment paper
4. When the oven is ready, toast up your oat, and nuts mix for about 10 minutes to get a little extra flavour and a bit of crunch.