In search of a fun baby shower gift, I rummaged through my refrigerator and found some veggies to print baby onesies. So here it goes:
- Onesies (or anything else you want to print)
- Fabric Paint
- Veggies and fruit (broccoli, lemons, apples, celery, mushrooms)
1. Brush the print side of the vegetable with a thin layer of paint.
2. On a piece of scrap paper practice printing with your vegetable to get a feel for what it will look like and how much paint you want to use. Here I printed with broccoli, lemons, mushrooms and celery.
3. Once you feel ready to commit to fabric, lay out the onesie and slide a piece of cardstock between the front and the back of the t-shirt to prevent the paint from leaking through the fabric. Brush the paint on your veggie and go for it.
Here are some examples:
Celery Smile (The hair was printed with the celery ribs)
Apple Buttons (slice the apple in half to expose the star shaped seed center)
Broccoli Trees (slice the broccoli lengthwise to get a flat surface)
4. Lay out your onesies to dry. Once dry, heat set the paint in a hot dryer for about 30 min.
That's it, a really simple OOAK baby shower gift. You could also print paper, diapers, napkins, table clothes, dish towels. . . I'm sure you can come up with a huge list of things. Have fun,