What is your passion?
There is time in many peoples lives when this question can make you feel uneasy. Maybe you are not sure how to express your passion, maybe it feels too much like a "should" be a "thing", like "cooking" or "painting". Passion is such a strong expressive word and this scares many people mostly because they don't think they feel that strongly about "something".
If I was to meet you and ask you "what is your passion?" How do you think you would answer? Would make for some interesting conversation starters at parties, don't you think?
So here are just 5 steps to get you started on thinking about your own passion:
- What activities excite you and make you feel good about yourself? What are some of the core feelings associated with those activities - remember, you CAN have more than one passion!
- Which of these do you lose all track of time with? When we are truly doing something we love, we forget about time. We are in our "passion zone."
- Would you do it for free? Putting the almighty currency to one side. If you had enough money to live on, which of these activities would you choose to spend your time on?
- What do you talk about to others when given the chance? We often get excited when we are passionate about something. If you are not sure what that may be, why not ask those around you. You may be pleasantly surprised.
- Last but not least.....what do you secretly dream of?. You know, that passionate thing that makes you feel all tingly inside?
The way you describe your passion can change and that's okay.
Have a go at creating your own "Passion Manifesto"
What would yours say?
|Louise Gale - Your Creative Career Consultant for the NewNew Blog|