You've made all those sales with your shop, you have all the email addresses of your customers...what can you do with this valuable information? Create an email newsletter, of course! Below, Cynthia Minnaar, a full-time internet marketer, shares her expertise with the New York Etsy Team on how to create a spectacular email newsletter...
1. Maintain focus. A narrowly focused newsletter performs better than a broad themed one.
This is because it is easier to get people to subscribe to it. Also it is an excellent way to sell targeted niche products. As an example, publishing an email newsletter on putting it is likely to do better than a newsletter on golf in general.
2. Make use of a good auto-responder. It is very important that your email newsletter gets through spam filters and into a person's email inbox.
This is why you need to use a quality auto-responder. Get Response and Aweber are two of the best.
3. Always be consistent. This does not mean that you have to publish every day or even every week if you don't want to.
What is important is that you set a schedule and stick to it. If you decide on a monthly newsletter then consistently get your newsletter out every month on the same date so people get used to seeing it.
4. Include useful information. Bear in mind that email newsletters are not sales letters. You can send out solo email ads for that purpose.
When people receive useful information they will be glad they subscribe to your newsletter. Also the more unique information you can include in your newsletter the more subscribers you will get and keep.
5. Use your newsletter to sell advertising. Selling top sponsor adverts, bottom sponsor adverts, classified adverts and email solo adverts is a way you can make money. Just don't over advertise in your newsletter to the point that people can't find the quality information you provide.
6. Use It for Branding. Ensure that you get the header at the top of your newsletter. Also if you are going to include colors into your newsletter make it match the theme of your blog or website.
You will be doing a good job of branding your Internet business when people get used to seeing the same things over and over from you.
The above are a few tips on how to create an email newsletter. You will discover that an email newsletter that is published on a consistent basis, to people who choose to receive it, becomes a very valuable business asset.
About The Author
Cynthia Minnaar is a full-time internet marketer and owner of http://www.cyns-home-biz.com. For more tips she invites you to subscribe to her free email newsletter and receive free internet income training. Click here: http://www.cyns-home-biz.com/Internet-Income-Training.html
Until next time!