Decorating with prints and patterns is a great way to bring color and style to any room. But with the vast number of choices in prints out there, it can be a daunting task to figure out how to mix them in an artistic and cohesive way without being overpowering.
Here are some of my tips on mixing prints in your home:
1. Pick a color theme and find prints within that color family.
2. Mix big and small patterns.
3. Mix ethnic inspired prints with modern ones.
4. Keep furniture and wall color in neutral shades to act as a canvas.
5. Don’t go crazy with too many patterns – limit yourself to two maybe three patterns in a room.
6. Look for other opportunities to inject pattern in your decor like lampshades or chairs.